About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
SOA tester in London

Monday, July 24, 2006

Great Expectations, Great Disappointments

:) . I know people will start smiling by reading the topic heading. But people whom I speak with for some years would have already hearded this from me several times.

This has been on my mind for the longest time -- I used to recall it everyday, as a reminder that expectations can destroy one's life as much as a lack of it. I have it memorised, and it sounds so good to me that I sometimes say it out loud without noticing it, even while riding on public transportation.

That, for one, is a reason why I believe I may remain a bachelor my whole life -- for in my mind, I have built up a certain lady so high that no reasonable conclusion might lead to any other place but disappointment.

No comments: