About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
SOA tester in London

Friday, October 08, 2010

ready – fire – aim


I always think "Failing to plan is planning to fail". But after several too much planning, I felt like it is also bad to do over-planning.

Analysis paralysis
- I think I do have this syndrome.


Planning is just as important and necessary as taking action, but moderating the two is essential for getting success in your life. Because all your opportunities and moments will NOT wait for you(r) (over planning).

If you want to lose weight for example, the best books and blogs on healthy living, dieting, and losing weight won’t help a bit if you sit reading them instead of exercising. Use the blogs to help inspire, motivate and encourage when you need it. Your planning must have a transition into action – and you need to know when planning isn’t really the answer to your problems.


Most of the time, we (I) sit and think without ever starting with ways to take action.

When there’s too many choices sometimes you can just shut down. Over thinking your problems makes you get too far ahead of yourself. You think only of the big picture, not how to get there.

Just decide "What’s the worst that can happen?"

Learning as you go so it means you have taken action and that you’re closer to your goals than when you were stuck planning.Remember that you can always improve, set a deadline for your work, and after that move on."I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand" - So apply your thinking and NOT just acquire it.

Every successful person has the ability to know when to stop collecting information and start taking action.

No comments: